Posting Date: September 21, 2015
Posted by: Ed Harrison, Jacksonville Manager
For your convenience, and in order to save you a service call, we offer some common issues that may help you if your air conditioning ever stops running. We still have a lot of hot weather to go and our air conditioners need to keep us cool and comfortable.
Here are some areas to check:
- Make sure your thermostat setting is in the “air conditioning” or “cool” position.
- Make sure the temperature is set at least 5 degrees below room temperature.
- Check your circuit breakers to make sure they are on. They are usually marked “condenser,” “outdoor unit,” “air handler,” or “indoor unit.”
- Check the power switches on both your outdoor unit and indoor unit.
- Check vents and registers to make sure they are open and free of obstacles.
- Finally, turn off all switches, check your air filter, and make sure it is clean.
If your a/c still doesn’t run, call your local Broward office to schedule a service call.