Well, here we are heading into another fall – is your gas furnace ready for the heating challenges ahead, and what will you do if it isn’t?
The simple answer, of course, is to call the experts at Broward Factory Service. Our technicians are here for you all day, every day for emergency repairs and tune-ups.
But before you contact us for service, it’s a good idea to do a little troubleshooting on your own to possibly avoid the hassle and expense of a house call – in many cases, your problem may be something that you can correct yourself.
If your gas furnace won’t start, please take these six steps before you call for service:
- Make sure the temperature on your thermostat is set at least five degrees above the current room temperature, and the system switch is on the HEAT or AUTO position. The fan switch should be set to ON for continuous airflow or AUTO.
- Check the power/disconnect switch; make sure it is set for on.
- Check the pilot light (note: a furnace with electronic ignition will not have a poilot light).
- Check the air filter if airflow from your vent seems low.
- Make sure all vents are open and not blocked.
- Make sure the gas control valve to the furnace is open.
If you take all the above steps and your heat still doesn’t work, contact us and we will send a technician to figure out the problem – and make it right as quickly as possible.
For fast repairs done right, trust the pros at Broward Factory Service. Contact us today for expert heating service and tune-ups!